Tuesday, November 06, 2012

A mother's lullaby

Silently blows the wind
as a mother gently rocks her cradle.

Sings she with a soft, gentle voice
with a lot of love and warmth
"Sleep my dear baby!
The apple of my eye
You need all the rest you can get now
To grow into the person of my dreams.

"'Cos tomorrow will be another day
with its share of joys and sorrows
You will have to face them
All brave and strong
I may not be around
to remove the thorns off your path
But God knows, my spirit shall
Always hold your heart.

"Remember always
to tread the right path
Success is important
But not at the cost of someone's loss
I promise you today
I will always be your guide
I will always pray for you and wish
that your life be filled with happiness
that your life be an inspiration
More than anything I want
you to be called a "good human being"
Life s tough and things not easy
It's easy to lose sight of the right
amidst all the dazzle and glitter
but with a little courage and a great deal hope
any war can be fought.

"This to you is my sincere advice
This to you my prayer
For you my dear, are but a part of me
you are my very own...
To see you sad bleeds me,
just as your joy brings forth happy tears
Your feelings will always find a friend in me
Just as your endeavours will find a comrade...
So sleep in peace my little one
And wake up in the morning to be tomorrow's rising sun"





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home